An 8-Week Strategic Business Planning Course...
The LEADING EDGE™ Course: Strategic Planning for Entrepreneurs is an 8-week business development course for current business owners (or startups who are moving from idea stage to implementation). The program is a combination of in-classroom sessions, interactive learning exercises and conversations with subject experts. Not only will you write the majority of your strategic business plan, you will also learn best practices and money-saving tips from your fellow entrepreneurs. Leading the course is facilitator Mark Bittle, who has built seven-figure businesses in the real estate and financial industries. His expertise, combined with that of the weekly guest speakers, will help you get to your goals faster as they share what has worked for them. As you develop your business plan, you will also prepare a presentation to pitch to lenders, investors and/or potential clients. You will develop tools to attract customers, gain exposure and become financially efficient. At the end of the course, you will have the foundation of a business plan, media kit, operations plan, sales strategy, customer acquisition plan, and financial analysis. This is a fast-paced course for the ambitious business owner who wants to get to their goals faster.
create a fully-realized business plan
meet with like-minded entrepreneurs
develop a plan that leads to growth
Develop your ideas.
Write your plan.
Estimate your numbers.
Present your company to the world!
Who Is It For?
LEADING EDGE is for business owners, ranging from concept to growth stage, that desire focused education and planning, accountability, networking, and the tools to build a strategic business plan.
What To Expect
- Eight 2.5-hour sessions, including interactive group work, guest speakers, & roundtables with Subject Matter Experts
- A minimum of 3 hours of one-on-one consulting with certified SBDC consultants
- Direct connections with local and statewide lenders, key business leaders, and industry experts
- Continuous feedback on your business plan and strategy during the course
- Free registration to workshops at the Pikes Peak SBDC while enrolled
- Graduate with a completed business plan, multiple mentors, and a key network of resources, champions and friends!
Telling Your Story
Determining the Need
Market Research & Planning
Intro to Financial Fundamentals
Lending/Funding Options Panel
Business Plan Compilation & Review
*Weekly Roundtables: Based on the determination of attendees, additional education may be available by Subject Matter Experts on various topics (ex: SEO, Women/Minority/Veteran Certifications, HR/Hiring, Legal Issues, Social Media, etc.)
- No more than two unexcused absences from the training series
- Completing at least 3 hours of one-on-one consulting throughout the course
- Turning in a completed business plan by the end of the course
Standard Fee: $495
Each Additional Employee (or Retake): $295 (Promo Code: SECOND)
Third-Party Scholarships Available!*
*Please note, these are third-party scholarships, which you may apply for separately. SBDC is not responsible for whether or not your scholarship is awarded.
Payment is required upon registration. Scholarships are distributed upon graduation and only if you complete the scholarship’s graduation requirements.
Pikes Peak Small Business Development Center
559 E. Pikes Peak Ave, Suite #101
Colorado Springs, CO 80903