The LEADING EDGE™ Course is a trademarked, statewide program for current business owners (or startups who are moving from idea stage to implementation).
The Pikes Peak SBDC has launched a new LEADING EDGE™ for Childcare Providers to help both licensed childcare providers (home and center-based) and start-ups. The program assists childcare providers to strengthen business practices when coping with the challenges of COVID-19 and the ever changing landscape of the Colorado workforce.
In partnership with the Alliance for Kids and Early Connections, the SBDC is launching this 4-week impactful courses with the goal of enhancing business owner skills.
This program is funded through a collaborative between the State of Colorado’s Office of Early Childhood, the Office of Economic Development and International Trade (OEDIT) and the Colorado SBDC network. A primary objective of this project is to strengthen the childcare provider business model and enhance business owner skills so that these critically important services can continue to support our local economies.
Who Is It For?
LEADING EDGE™ for Childcare Providers is for existing or new businesses (home or center-based) that wish to strengthen their business practices.
To receive a notification when the next LEADING EDGE for Childcare Providers is scheduled, enter your information below.
What To Expect
- Four virtual sessions (4 hours each) including interactive group work, subject matter experts and guest speakers
- Access to classes via Go To Meeting with weekly presentations, group discussion forums, homework, financial spreadsheets and templates
- One-on-one consulting with certified SBDC consultants, during the course and beyond
- Direct connections with local and statewide industry experts and key business leaders
- Continuous feedback on your business plan and strategy during the course
- Free registration to workshops at the Pikes Peak SBDC while enrolled
- Assistance getting a funding ask together
Telling Your Story
Understanding your Costs
Contractors Vs. Employees
Cybersecurity – Protecting Your Data
Managing Challenging Relationship
Resources & Regulations
One-on-One Consulting: Based on the attendee needs, one-on-one consulting is highly recommended. Additional education is also provided through workshops that are at no cost to LEADING EDGE™ participants.
- No unexcused absences from the training series
- Completing at least 3 hours of one-on-one consulting throughout the course
- Turning in completed financials and business plan outline at the end of the course.
Standard Fee: FREE for licensed child care providers
Meet the Facilitator
Cory Arcarese is the CEO and Owner of CArc Enterprises Inc. – parent corporation of CArc Business Consulting. CArc Business Consulting is a Colorado based Strategic Business Consulting Agency. Cory Ostos Arcarese, a former print media executive, founded CArc Business Consulting LLC in 2010 to assist business owners with strategic planning and drive profit growth. Cory is an award winning, bilingual business executive with more than 25 years of progressive business experience and an expansive portfolio which includes having assisted over 1,000 companies with strategic planning, capital access and business startup.
Cory is also a Community Lending Advisor for the Colorado Enterprise Fund. Cory opened it’s Southern Colorado office. CEF’s mission is to accelerate community prosperity by financing and supporting entrepreneurs and small businesses. Their loans vary in size from a few thousand dollars to $500,000. Colorado Enterprise Fund believes in the power of a diverse and growing small business sector in Colorado Springs and communities south.
Cory is a consultant and facilitator for the following Pikes Peak SBDC programs:
- Early Childhood Education
- Southeast Colorado Springs
- Disaster Relief
- Minority Business Office